Hi, I'm Athanasios Raptodimos
I'm 34 years old and I live in Greece, I'm married and have a lovely child.
My profession is Software Developer, but actually is something more than a profession, it's my passion. A passion started at the age of 7, when I had my first contact with a personal computer. My curiosity about how computers work, led me to a wonderful lasting learning path.
Since then I've learned various programming languages, Ι started with QBasic and Pascal, followed by C and then Java and PHP. With the evolution of smartphones, mobile software excited me and started developing apps on Android and later on Windows Phone.
Web applications are also a field that excites me, with Spring Framework (Java) and Laravel (PHP) being my greatest interest.
Also, I support open source software and whenever I can, I commit my code on GitHub.
- Technician of IT applications, networks & office automation at Private Institute of Vocational Training Korelko, Athens.
- Mechanical engineer at Technological Educational Institute of Patras.
My knowledge, so far
- Databases: MySQL / MariaDB, SQLite REDIS, MongoDB
- Frameworks: Spring, Laravel
- Template Engines: Thymeleaf (Spring Framework), Blade (Laravel)
- Unit Testing: JUnit, Mockito, PHPUnit, Android Espresso, Robolectric
- CSS Frameworks: Bootstrap
- Content Management Systems: Drupal, Joomla, Wordpress, Magento
- IDE / Editors: IntelliJ, Android Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans, PhpStorm, Sublime, CodeAnywhere
- Version Control: Git, GitHub, BitBucket
- Tools: Maven, Gradle, Docker, Vagrant, VirtualBox, Gulp, Composer
- Operating Systems: Linux, Microsoft Windows
Learning never stops, I always try to improve my skills by reading books, taking e-courses or searching for solutions and information on the internet. My intention is writing quality, maintainable, readable code following best practices and patterns.